Instagram

Saturday 31 December 2011

Baking Time~

Hey guys, remember how I said how I said I was going to bake today? Well we followed a Martha Stuart recipe for Checkerboard Cookies. Guess how that turned out?

So this was the first batch that we made. We weren't too sure what to be expecting and look what turned up... This was our dough mix. It legit looks like sand or something you'd put at the bottom of a fishbowl.

Anyway, the first batch wasn't AS fail as we thought it would be (actually, I take that back. Yes it was) It wasn't really sweet enough so we added some icing sugar powder on top of it ._.

I think this was our biggest problem. None of the pieces would stick together because of how broken apart the "dough" was. I don't even think the dough really was dough. It broke apart in your hands lol
And this is our second batch. This one turned out much better than the first but still kinda messed up :P That's ok. It tastes not too bad so it's fine.

I'm not too sure how many of you know this but I can't cook to save my life. I know for sure the two things I can make (that require cooking) are noodles and eggs (I can cook eggs in any way other than poached or all that weird stuff in recipes. Just don't expect it to look very nice ahaha)
So being able to make these cookies was a pretty big accomplishment for someone as culinary-impaired as I am. I just pray that my future husband is able to cook ._. or else we'd be living off takeout (or eggs....)

Man, I really wish I had better lighting at my desk :P It's hard to take nice pictures with crap lighting (wow total state-the-obvious moment right here) 

Yay! I'm still getting presents for my birthday. This was just a small thing from one of my friends along with a bigger gift. She knows how much I like small cute things and how much I like looking at desserts so why not decorative erasers! :D I think they look so cute.

On a more beauty-product-related level, these are two handcreams I have really been loving this winter. Both are from Crabtree and Evelyn and they both smell amazing. I also would've gotten the pomegranate one to try, but they ran out. The two I have are Nantucket Briar and Summer Hill.
Texture: amazing. It is smooth, creamy, and absorbs well. It doesn't leave your hands sticky for the next 15 minutes like some other handcreams.
Smell: tbh I'm really bad at describing smells but I'll try my best. Nantucket Briar smells ... actually, you know what? I'll add on what these smell like another time. I have it out to smell right now but I realize that I'm actually starting to get sick and one side of my nose is clogged so my whole nasal system is kind of off at the moment QQ

I probably won't have any time to make a post tomorrow (since it's New Years Eve) and this is probably the last post of 2011 too. I hope everyone has a great time partying. Everyone, make your New Years Resolutions and have fun :D I'll see you in 2012!

nyappy~

to add on: look forward to a few more reviews of products in the New Year (this is mostly a post to remind myself as well) One product I will do for sure is CURE Natural Aqua Gel (sorry if I got the name wrong).

No comments:

Post a Comment