Instagram

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Skin Food Product Reviews

Hey everyone. Time for some more reviews (be prepared, I might go on a review spree now that I can take nicer photos). 

The first one is the Skin Food Aloe Sun Essence SPF 27 PA++:
So this product is supposed to be a waterproof sunscreen that doesn't irritate skin (probably because of the aloe)
What I thought: Less is more? I felt like this product was really oily to be honest. I definitely do not want to try this product during the summer as my own oils + this sunscreen will probably result in an oil drip-fest (gross). However, I do feel like this product would be appropriate during the winter when the air is really dry (and yes, UV is just as strong in the winter so you need sunscreen no matter what season). 
My final take would be to be mindful of how much product you put on your face as it does get pretty oily. This sunscreen would be perfect for dry skin though. I have combination to oily skin so it doesn't work out as well as I would hope.




 So before I get started on the next product, I'd like to explain a little backstory of how I got this product. The past summer (Jul-Aug 2012) I went to Hong Kong as a summer/grad trip and I got really tan teaching at the pool. It was an outdoor pool and as many people know, Hong Kong has a higher UV index than usual (therefore, more tan). And I don't know why I'm still in this "the whiter the better"-phase, as is with most Asian women.  So I kind of went crazy buying whitening products
resulting in a bunch of sheet masks, body washes/lotions, face serums/creams.

This next product, Skin Food Fresh Juice C Serum, I feel like worked a bit. Though it may be because of other whitening products (and the fact that I exfoliated like crazy). It has a non-sticky consistency and comes with a dropper which I feel is pretty hygienic. You can drip some on the palm of your hand and then press it onto your face.
 To be honest, I didn't do much research before buying this. I just saw the word "whitening" and I just bought it haha. Luckily, Skin Food happens to be a pretty effective brand for my skin type. Sorry if there's any vital information that I missed out. Clearly, I'm not too good at doing reviews so let me know in the comments if there's anything else you want to know about this product.
Other than that, I don't have much more to say about these two products. I will write again soon

~nyappy

No comments:

Post a Comment