Instagram

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Kenny Bear

muahaha I have finally made myself a lightbox. Now I can take decent pictures instead of laying out products on my bedsheet and trying to adjust angles to prevent shadows from getting in the way.

Anyway, in December, I bought a pair of Kenny Bear earrings.
A little bit about this brand, Kenny & Co. is a Hong Kong based brand founded in 2003 so when you go to their website everything is in HKD. I tried looking for Kenny Bear in Hong Kong but I actually found that it wasn't that much cheaper than if I bought it here so I saved myself the trouble and bought it back in Canada. Here's their website if you're wondering:

http://kennycojewelry.com/home.php

I've honestly wanted their necklaces for the longest time but its way too $$$ for me so this one time when their earrings were 50% off I finally decided to buy a pair. Isn't it slightly ridiculous how they sell earrings in singles instead of pairs? I peed myself laughing when I found out that it was $50 CAD for ONE earring. Not a pair.

So here is my review of the earrings (in rose gold colour):
Size-wise, it's pretty good. Approximately 1cm in length and 0.7 in width (from arm to arm)
The material (according to the website) is steel... The type that doesn't rot in your ear either. I tend to have this problem with earrings cuz I'm a lazy bum and I don't take off my earrings every day so anything made with cheap material just changes colour and...like molds in my ear. Yeah. Sounds gross. 

What's also good about Kenny & Co. is that they give these Guarantee Cards with every purchase. It is good for up to 12 months and it's for if you find any manufacturing errors with your product. I think this mostly applies for other jewellery such as their necklaces/bracelets because if you go take a look at their website, most things actually have a very complicated design with lots of hinges and charms.

The only thing I don't like about these earrings is that the backing isn't very good (I'm sure the problem is the same with all of their earrings with a backing). You know how most earrings have that little groove on the on the part of the earring that you stick through your ear? Well these earrings don't have that so the backing can slide back and forth freely. This has already happened once but when I was lying on the couch (on my side), the backing just completely fell off without me even realizing. Luckily I realized and managed to find it again.

Kenny & Co. If you read this, please change your backing. I don't want to lose it again. Your guarantee card doesn't cover it ;_;


Anyway, this post turned out to be a bit longer than I expected. It was supposed to be a combination review post with other products as well but I guess I'll just split in two. I'll probably do the post tomorrow (or sometime soon... I already have the photos for it) I'll see everyone later :)

~nyappy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment